Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Dreilandenpunt (Point of 3 Countries) - March 28, 2013

 

I cannot believe I am finally posting last year’s spring break only a few months before this year’s spring break!  I have no idea if I’m even going to remember what these pictures are all about, but lets give it a go anyway…

 

My parents (Grammy & Grampy) came out to visit us last year during Ethan’s spring break.  We decided to take advantage of the time and spend a week in the Netherlands.  On our way there, we stopped at Drielandenpunt which is where three different countries meet at one point:  Germany, the Netherlands, and Belgium.  We had a lot of fun braving the cold, winter weather while placing our bodies in all three countries at once and going up the big tower to look around.

image

Little Miss Independent refused to wear her hat no matter how cold it was.

image

image

image

image

This is the point at which the countries meet.  They had each flag represented and a large cement point over the spot.

IMG_3762 - Copy_edited-1

IMG_3763 - Copy_edited-1

Tybee was very cooperative that day.

image

image

IMG_3767_edited-1

image

IMG_3769_edited-1

image

image

This was some of the view from the top of the tower.  They had a fun looking maze there, but we did not try it out.  We had about all of the cold we could stand.

IMG_3773_edited-1

IMG_3775_edited-1

IMG_3777_edited-1

After this stop, we went to Belgium for the night.  I wish I could remember the city we stayed in, but I don’t.  I, unfortunately, did not take any pictures in Belgium before we headed off to the Netherlands either.

No comments:

Post a Comment