Saturday, February 18, 2012

Project Week at Ethan’s School

 

This last week Ethan had a bit of a break from his normal school routine.  They mixed up the entire school and assigned kids to different projects.  Ethan was assigned to underwater animals.  Some of the other projects were pets, fire, Egyptians, horses, and many more (those are the only ones I can remember).  He had a great week…there was no homework and he got to watch Finding Nemo in German.  All week he learned about underwater animals and made his own aquarium and a water snake out of clay.  On Friday the parents were able to go and see all of the different projects and learn about what the kids learned about.  It actually worked out perfect because James had the day off for the holiday weekend and so he was able to come with us.  Yay…I didn’t have to be entirely clueless all by myself!

DSCN2588

 

Ethan was less than thrilled to have me take his picture that day, but I think he will thank me later.

DSCN2586

The long, green, snake like thing on the table was his.  He is very proud of it, but unfortunately the head broke off of it today (for the second time).

DSCN2587

The aquarium with the dark blue background is the one that he made.  They tied fishing line to the Q-tips and hung the fish from it.  It is very cute in person.

DSCN2589

Here is Ethan talking with one of his best friends, Max.  They get along so well…It makes me so happy to know he has such good friends at school and really enjoys being there.  It has been a struggle to know if putting him in the German school was the right decision, but I think he has learned a lot and grown a lot from this experience.

DSCN2590

Tybee really enjoyed being there and watching all of the big kids too.

DSCN2591

 

DSCN2594

By the end, though, she was definitely ready to go.  This is her grabbing me and telling me to take her home and put her to bed.

DSCN2596

I can’t believe how grown up Ethan is becoming.  My baby is no longer a baby and he is already preferring to walk with his friends over his parents.  Sad, sad, sad.

DSCN2595

No comments:

Post a Comment