Thursday, July 7, 2011

I’m Back

This morning I went running for the first time in 9 months.  I haven’t been since before I watched the Thorne’s kids while they went on vacation.  I got out of the habit while they were here and then felt too sick from being pregnant to start again.  Oh My Goodness!!  I am so out of shape.  It felt really good to get my body moving like that again, but it was hard.  I got a lot of stares too.  I’m sure it was because my tire I now have was bouncing up and down.  Before I left, James said to me, “Make sure you don’t push yourself too hard.”  Of course, I said back to him, “I know.  I won’t.”  I’ve had such a hard time recovering from the birth of Tybee that neither one of us wants me to hurt myself in any way and be back to being sick again.  Unfortunately I don’t know how not to push myself.  Once I started my knee was killing me, but I pushed passed that and it eventually went away, then my chest started to hurt because my lungs haven’t had to work that hard in a long time, after that I started to feel like I was going to throw up.  At that point, I pushed myself a little bit longer and then stopped and walked a bit and then ran some more.  It felt really good to push passed the pain.  I forgot how invigorating it is.  I just keep thinking about where I was 1 year and 2 months ago.  I am no where near that, but can’t wait to get back to it.  Anyway…I just wanted to say that it feels good to be back and today is going to be a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You will get back there! :) Yesterday I went on my first run in 11 months and at first I thought I was going to die, but after the first 5 minutes I was like, I can do this, right? =) I am stoked that you were able to get out there and run! ♥

    ReplyDelete