Monday, October 18, 2010

Eltville and the Rhein

A few weeks ago James and I had the pleasure of watching some friends’ kids while they went on vacation.  It was very eye opening for all three of us.  I’m afraid we tend to get set in our ways and routines and so we had to do some adjusting, but we enjoyed having Grant and Sydney with us for the week.  One of the days we decided to get the kids out of the house and explore our cute little village, Eltville, and walk along the Rhein.  We are so fortunate to be only a ten minute walk from the river.DSCN0931 DSCN0930

The peach colored building on the corner on the right is our bakery.  Yes, it is only a couple of minutes from our house.  I ventured there for the first time today.  It was awesome!  I haven’t been that impressed with the other bakeries we’ve visited so far, but this one was sooo good.  I cannot wait to go back.  Ethan went with me and I took a picture of him with the treat he picked out.  I will have to post it and share the rest of the story soon.

 DSCN0932

There are a lot of really cute shops down this strasse.  They are expensive, but their stuff is super cute.

DSCN0933

I love the cobblestone streets too, except when I’m in heals.  We were at the temple on Saturday and they have cobblestone walkways around the temple.  I wore heals and that was not so much fun.

DSCN0934 DSCN0935 DSCN0936  DSCN0938

The leaves are so beautiful right now too.  I am loving fall here!

DSCN0939 DSCN0940

Along the river they have all of these benches set up with these very cute trees.  I keep saying I’m going to come down here and enjoy a good book for an afternoon, but I’ve waited too long and now it is way too cold.  Who knows, maybe I’ll brave it anyway.

DSCN0941 DSCN0942 DSCN0943 DSCN0944  DSCN0946  DSCN0948

Poor Ethan, just as I pushed the button to take this picture, he biffed it on the rocks.  I have such great timing.

DSCN0949 DSCN0950 DSCN0951 DSCN0952 DSCN0953

Here is our very own castle.

DSCN0954 DSCN0956

Right next to the castle is this beautiful flower garden.  The smells in here are amazing.

DSCN0957 DSCN0958 DSCN0959 DSCN0960

I would love to live in this place and have a view of the garden from my windows.

DSCN0961 DSCN0962 DSCN0963 DSCN0964

Here’s another bench I want to come sit on and read.

 DSCN0966 DSCN0967

The doorway to the secret garden, as Ethan calls it.

DSCN0968 DSCN0969

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love...can I please come visit?! More importantly~CONGRATULATIONS! Can you feel my excitement? Please give me some details, like when you are due and if you are going to name this sweet baby after me.

    ReplyDelete