Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Pastry

 

On Monday, Ethan and I decided to try our local bakery and then take our treats to the river to enjoy.  I wasn’t wanting anything sweet, so I decided to get a plain roll.  Ethan, on the other hand, had a hard time choosing with all of the different kinds of donuts they had.  He decided on this very fluffy looking one with white frosting and coconut on top.  On the way to the river, we talked bout sharing our treats so we could try each others.  He finally agreed upon sharing one bite, but anymore than that was not fair because I only had a roll and he had a donut.  When we pulled them out of the bag, we noticed his had some dark stuff on the outside.  To me, it looked like a chocolate filling and he got really excited.  We shared our first bites, then enjoyed our treats.  I was so hungry I finished my very tasty roll before he got to his center.  Come to find out, it was not chocolate in the middle.  I have no idea what it was.  I tasted a very strong cinnamon, sugar, some kind of fruit, like prunes or something, and some other very strong spices that I couldn’t distinguish.  Needless to say, he did not like it.  We tried squeezing it out, but it only made it worse.  Poor kid, was so disappointed and I didn’t have any of my roll to share with him.  That should teach us to order something I couldn’t pronounce.  He enjoyed collecting shells at the river anyway.

DSCN0974

Here are some pictures of our street, our gate to our house, and our front door.

DSCN0975 DSCN0976 DSCN0977

It doesn’t look like much, but we enjoy calling it home.  One of these days, if we ever get it done, I will post pictures of the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment