Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Lot of Good and a Little Bad

It has been a little while since I've blogged about anything, so I have a few updates...

First, I want to share a great moment I had this morning, which was much needed after yesterday's incident. I was riding my bike along the bay towards Lover's Point. It was a beautiful, sunny, blue skyed morning. The water was a very rich blue with the reflection of the sun on it and I was breathing in the fresh bay air. My legs were burning from pushing myself to go as fast as I could and 'Just Say Yes' by Snow Patrol came on my IPod. It was definitely a moment I don't think I could recreate, but my heart was filled with gratitude for this beautiful world we have to live in, my loving family and friends that I am blessed with, and especially James and Ethan.

On Tuesday James received his orders! We now know where we are going to spend the next few years...Germany!! I found a few pictures of the city where James will be working. We aren't sure yet if we will be living in this city, but it is beautiful. We are excited for this new adventure, but at the same time I am a bit sad to leave this one behind. Monterey has been a great experience.






Now for the bad part of yesterday. I had a little fender bender, which was my fault. This has never happened to me before. It was awful!! Luckily there was no damage to the other car, but now we are marked on the front of us until we can afford to get it fixed. I was on my way to pick up James from work when it happened. I was only a couple of minutes away, so when I got to him I was a bit shaky and very nervous to tell him what I'd done. He is too good to me because he wasn't upset or mad at me at all (if he was, he hid it very well). I still cringe when I think about it.


Here's a close up of the black mark, scratch and dent in the hood. I guess it could have been worse. The awful part is that we just got the back end fixed from something that happened to James in a parking lot.


Now for the best part of yesterday, which helped to lift my spirits after the accident...Ethan rode his bike without training wheels for the first time! He did so awesome. He was nervous at first, but picked it up pretty quick. I can't believe how much this kid has grown up in the last few months.

This week has definitely brought a lot of good and some bad, but each day is a gift and so much brighter when you look for that good you have been given.



2 comments:

  1. I love happy moments! I'm impressed that you have only had one fender bender...I once backed into my sister-in-laws car in my own driveway. Not great. When do you leave for Germany?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan's so old! Oh my gosh! He's looking good on that bike... Also, if you ever want to feel good about fender benders and how bad they could be, I'll tell you a few (quite a few) stories! :)

    ReplyDelete