Friday, August 10, 2012

Ethan Turns 8 Part 1: Birthday Party

Just because Ethan’s birthday was over 2 months ago and I am only now posting about it and I don’t have many pictures of the occasion does not mean it wasn’t a big event in our lives (it just means I’m a mother who can’t get it together)…I can’t believe I now have an 8 year old!

IMG_2919 (2)

This year for his birthday party he wanted to go to Tobolino’s which is a place with all kinds of bouncy, climbing, jumping things. He ended up having one of his American friends from church and 9 of his German friends from school who do NOT speak any English come to his party. This would be the reason that I did not take many pictures. I was constantly stressed out trying to figure out what they were saying to me. James was off keeping Tybee happy most of the time and Ethan was too overwhelmed and off playing to translate for me. Luckily his friends were very sweet, understanding, and patient with me. We were able to figure each other out about half of the time. Apparently my two years of German class is really paying off.

Here’s a picture of half of his cake.  It was a lot of fun to make and super easy…my kind of birthday cake.

IMG_2915 (2)

Mr. Cool Ninja Dude in his “King for a Day” chair.

IMG_2916 (2)

IMG_2917 (2)

IMG_2920 (2)

IMG_2921 (2)

IMG_2922 (2)

IMG_2923 (2)

IMG_2924 (2)

IMG_2925 (2)

IMG_2926 (2)

IMG_2927 (2)

Ethan really is an incredible kid who keeps me on my toes.  He loves to read, play strategy games such as Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan, ride his bike, watch movies, play with his friends, run errands to the bakery and store for me (this is so convenient, I’m loving it) and much more.  We feel so lucky to have him in our family and to know and love him.

Happy Belated Birthday Ethan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment