Thursday, February 17, 2011

One less bathroom for me

A couple of weeks ago I went to an enrichment meeting that was about cleaning and organizing your home.  One of the ladies that spoke about cleaning mentioned that she had recently taught her 6 year old to clean her toilets.  I must say my ears definitely perked up when I heard that.  I thought if her daughter who is six can clean their toilets, then Ethan who is also six can definitely clean ours.  Cleaning bathrooms is by far one of my least favorite tasks to do, so I thought if I had just one less bathroom to clean a week, I would be one happy mommy.  I was right :)  Yesterday I taught Ethan how to clean his whole bathroom…shower, toilet, sink, and floor.  He was very apprehensive at first and a bit dreading it, but once he got going, I could see the pride in his eyes as he was doing it.  He wouldn’t even let me help him get the hard to reach places, he wanted to do it all by himself.  It was so wonderful!!  So all of you who hate cleaning bathrooms as much as i do…Ethan is proof that a six year old can clean a bathroom and do a mighty fine job doing it.

DSCN1068 DSCN1069 DSCN1070 DSCN1071

1 comment: