Monday, December 6, 2010

Talent Show

 

Our Ward Primary had a talent show this last Saturday.  For two weeks prior to this event Ethan had been talking about playing his harmonica for his talent.  He was so excited about it and kept getting after me to sign him up for it.  Well, being the procrastinator mom that I am, two days before the show, I finally sign him up.  The night before the show we were out late at a christmas market and when we got home he realized he hadn’t practiced at all for the show.  In fact, I couldn’t remember the last time I had heard him play it.  He wanted us to set his alarm for 6 a.m. the next morning so he could practice.  Luckily we talked him into 7 a.m. because that is just insanely too early for a Saturday morning.  Turns out when he got up he couldn’t find his harmonica.  He looked everywhere.  He finally found it minutes before we left and of course we were running late.  So on the way over I talk him into playing it at least once so he would be somewhat prepared before getting up on stage.  I was so impressed with him.  When it was his turn, he went right up and played his harmonica without any hesitation and did a great job.  This kid won’t talk to people, but he has the confidence to play an instrument he hasn’t practiced in front of a room full of people.  Sometimes I wonder if we are related because I would definitely have to practice for a month before I would agree to perform in front of anyone.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh! How cute is he?!? That takes a lot of guts! He looked so calm and confidant onstage... That was fantastic! Give him lots of hugs and kisses and hip hip hooray's from us! :)

    ReplyDelete